Set the Stage for a Magical Theater Visit During Your Chicago Hotel Stay
Chicago's Theater District is thriving - and our hotel places you just moments from the action. Guests at W Chicago - City Center are just a short stroll from the brightly lit marquees along Dearborn and Randolph. Stake your spot in venues including PrivateBank Theater, Riviera Theater, and The Chicago Theater, among many others.
Cadillac Palace Theatre
Ideally located only a few blocks away from our hotel in the heart of the Randolph Street Theater District, the Cadillac Palace Theatre is one of the city's true treasures. You will be astounded as you experience its French-influenced marbled walls and illuminating crystal chandeliers. After a $20 million renovation, this beautiful theater will make your Chicago experience unforgettable.
- September 29: Christopher Kimball
- October 9: James Blake
- November 9 - 13: Annie
- November 22 - December 4: Finding Neverland
- December 14 - January 8: Phantom of the Opera
Ford Center for the Performing Arts/Oriental Theatre
Walk a few blocks from our hotel to the Oriental Theatre, and experience Chicago in a whole new way. This venue is renowned throughout the city for its musical theater; it's recently been refurbished and features 2,000 comfy seats under a domed ceiling, colorfully decorated with various works of art. With the look of an Asian temple, this Chicago jewel is sure to wow every guest.
- August 30 - September 4: Kinky Boots
- September 30: Yusuf / Cat Stevens: A Cat’s Attic
- December 2: Alan Cummings Sings Sappy Songs
- December 6 - December 24: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
The Chicago Theatre
Nothing beats the grandeur of The Chicago Theatre. Step into its elegant lobby, with its majestic staircase, through to the breathtaking auditorium. French Baroque influences abound, with magnificent detail in the architecture, from the archways to the grand windows. The famous 'Chicago' marquee sign when you approach the theater is one of the last remaining of its kind, and is an icon here in the city. Plan an unforgettable evening here during your hotel stay.
- September 14: Hannibal Buress
- September 17: The Piano Guys
- September 24: Celtic Thunder
- September 30: Sigur Ros
- October 1: Brian Wilson
- October 29: Elvis Costello & The Imposters
- November 11: The Fray
- November 12: Aretha Franklin
- November 7 - 20: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical
PrivateBank Theatre is a go-to attraction in the famed Theater District, and houses favorites including Hamilton, The Book of Mormon, and Rock of Ages. This historic building was at one time the tallest building in Chicago; the auditorium has been remodeled, but still retains the original design and charm. Best of all, PrivateBank Theatre is only a few steps away from our hotel.
- September 27 - March 19: Hamilton
The closest theater to the W Chicago City Center is also Chicago's oldest and largest not-for-profit theater. This eclectic theatre is home to a variety of artists and performances, giving both classic and contemporary works a chance to shine. The Goodman Theatre is known for combining culture rich performances, as well as providing educational programs for the community. Contributing to the vibrance of Chicago's theater district, experience all this city has to offer.
- September 10 - October 16: Wonderful Town
- September 21 - October 9: New Stages
- November 19 - December 31: A Christmas Carol
- October 21 - November 20: The Magic Play
View full list of upcoming shows at the Goodman