Take to the stage while escaping at our hotel near the Chicago Theater District.
The W Chicago City Center Hotel is within walking distance from the Chicago Theater District's brightly lit marquees along Dearborn and Randolph. Staying with us means you'll have a front row seat to magnificently restored venues.
Cadillac Palace Theatre
Ideally located only a few blocks away from the W Chicago City Center in the heart of the Randolph Street Theater District, the Cadillac Palace Theatre is a treasure in the Windy City. With a French influence, you will be astounded as you enter to marbled walls and illuminating crystal chandeliers. After a $20 million renovation, this beautiful theatre will make your experience unforgettable.
- September 29: Christopher Kimball
- October 9: James Blake
- November 9 - 13: Annie
- November 22 - December 4: Finding Neverland
- December 14 - January 8: Phantom of the Opera
Ford Center for the Performing Arts/Oriental Theatre
Among those reviving Chicago's theater district, the Ford Oriental Theatre is a renowned favorite for musical theater. Just mere blocks away from our theater district hotel, you can experience Chicago in a whole new way. This upscale space has been refurbished and holds 2,000 comfy seats under a domed ceiling, colorfully decorated with various works of art. With the look of an Asian temple, you will not be disappointed with this Chicago jewel.
- August 30 - September 4: Kinky Boots
- September 30: Yusuf / Cat Stevens: A Cat’s Attic
- December 2: Alan Cummings Sings Sappy Songs
- December 6 - December 24: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
The Chicago Theatre
Experience the grandeur of The Chicago Theatre when you enter to an elegant lobby, majestic staircase and breath-taking auditorium. With French Baroque influence, the magnificent detail in the architecture, from the archways to the grand windows, will surely please. The famous 'Chicago' marquee sign when you approach is one of the last remaining of its kind and is a main symbol of Chicago. Having housed performances from some of the world's top entertainers, do not miss an opportunity to enjoy the theatre.
- September 14: Hannibal Buress
- September 17: The Piano Guys
- September 24: Celtic Thunder
- September 30 Sigur Ros
- October 1: Brian Wilson
- October 29: Elvis Costello & The Imposters
- November 11: The Fray
- November 12: Aretha Franklin
- November 7 - 20: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical
Housing Chicago's favorites, such as Jersey Boys, Book of Mormon and Rock of Ages, the PrivateBank Theatre is a go-to attraction for theater. Located conveniently in the theater district, this historic building was at one time the tallest building in Chicago. Having its door shut of 15 years, it is a major theater house for Broadway plays. The auditorium was remodeled, but still retains the original design and charm originally intended. Enjoy the hottest shows on Broadway today, just steps away from the W Chicago City Center.
- September 27 - March 19: Hamilton
The closest theater to the W Chicago City Center is also Chicago's oldest and largest not-for-profit theater. This eclectic theatre is home to a variety of artists and performances, giving both classic and contemporary works a chance to shine. The Goodman Theatre is known for combining culture rich performances, as well as providing educational programs for the community. Contributing to the vibrance of Chicago's theater district, experience all this city has to offer.
- September 10 - October 16: Wonderful Town
- September 21 - October 9: New Stages
- November 19 - December 31: A Christmas Carol
- October 21 - November 20: The Magic Play
View full list of upcoming shows at the Goodman